Monday 10 March 2014

And then we moved to a farm

I am a firm believer of visualising of your goals to help you to make them happen.  That is to say, anything you want in life, you just need to dream it / picture it / put it in a frame and on your wall and you will get it.  It will come to YOU.  You will subconsciously make decisions in your life that will push you toward that goal.  You'll tell people your dreams and they will help you achieve your goals.  That is not to say that I've have never written down a goal but I'm amazing at how many things have come to me simply by putting a visual image in my head of what I want for the outcome.  This is true for my career, for my car, for the farm.  All are things I had a vision for, a specific idea of how I wanted those things to be.  It helps that I've always been a glass half full kind of girl and that I have no trouble putting myself out of my comfort zone at times to get what I want.  

I've spent years reading farming blogs, about living on the side of a mountain in the middle of no where.  These are my favourites: www.soulemama.comwww.coldantlerfarm.blogspot.comwww.fuoriborgo.com.
After I stopped reading blogs about being a mom it was my natural progression of reading, I was drawn to it.  We started looking at properties on MLS that were out of the city- but not too far out of the city, that had a larger property but wouldn't break the bank, that we could get groceries within 30 mins of our door but nothing was popping out at us as realistic.  And then one day this opportunity fell in my lap.  A lead from a friend who I had not known long, but who I had told about my dream.  We lived in a lovely, large, modern townhouse in the city surrounded by stores, neighbours and family.  I had no idea what I was getting into with a 100 year old fixer upper.  With chickens and horses.  But I jumped right in, how could I not?  It was paradise to me.  And I didn't want to spend the rest of my life thinking "what if."  I knew it would make my commute a nightmare - but this year my boss encouraged me to work from home 2 days a week.  Serendipity.  But it hasn't been easy.  It was a big move, stuff got broken, the girls missed their friends, I miss my family, we have leaks, the house is drafty and we really need a wood stove.  What I'm saying is that you should just put it out there, send it out into the universe and see what comes back.  Right now I'm trying to figure out if I will raise chickens and pigs for meat and visualise how my future will look at this farm and I'm having a hard time.  So what I'm going to do it put it out there, leave it up to the universe and see what comes back.  Maybe someone will offer me a pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment