Thursday 26 June 2014

In my kitchen

Linking up with http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/2014/06/this-1.html

Taking these pictures this week I've realized something.  I love to cook.  I love making hearty, healthy food for my family.  Do they always eat it, no, but I can get the youngest to try things sometimes.  This week it was kale chips.  My oldest would not even look at them and went running from the room, literally!  Friends have told me how good these things are but it took me until this week - when there was some kale ready in my garden -  to try it.  I'm a fan.  Lots of olive oil and a bit of salt - the perfect snack.

I put kale into a few things this week including an omlette and a stir fry.  This dinner was pork, sausage, cabbage, yellow peppers, potato and kale.
And the strawberries, so many strawberries.  I have several bags of them frozen that I will use for smoothies and parfaits and oatmeal.
Sundays are my favorite day to cook because I can make a big meal or a soup without any rush.  This dish was made with the leftover bacon from breakfast - cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts.  

I made stock from our leftover chicken.
Added some split peas, cabbage and mushrooms and it turned out pretty good!
Of course I was the only one to eat it.  
I'm starting to notice a theme here with the cabbage are you?  One head of cabbage and all these meals it's a very versatile vegetable.  We also like it on the bbq.  


These darlings I made last night for the girls to bring to the last day of school.  That is the first dozen of 50 that I'm making.  That was pretty much my week, which considering I was out of town for three days and worked 40 hours is pretty darn good.  Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Love kale chips! We've been eating them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some to take on vacation but the dog got into them - thanks to a 7 year old who brought the bag up to her room! I just made more last night. Love em.

    ReplyDelete