Tuesday 26 August 2014

The corporate life and chickens

Today I got up, put on a pretty dress and made my breakfast of homemade bread, home grown tomatoes, and a slice of cheese and grabbed my mid morning snack of a fresh from the chicken boiled egg.  I made my salad of home grown lettuce, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, zucchini, and radishes and mushrooms, grabbed my iphone and commuter bag and ran out the door.

I hurt my hand bailing straw last night.  I was using an old metal straw fork that's end was broken off and jagged - silly I know but I didn't notice the jagged end until after I cut myself.  I didn't realize I had hurt myself until my hand was full of blood.  I'm ok - but it made for an interesting conversation at the water cooler this morning at work.

Oh the wonderful contrasts of my life.  To come home in a blazer, throw on rubber boots and an old shirt and shorts to bail straw, pull weeds and pick some fresh veggies.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment